Area Rugs are a great way of adding to your home’s visual appeal. Let us look at a few tips.
1) Look at the area and then figure out the rug size you need. It is best if the furniture does not touch the rug, maybe you would have two legs on it to stop it moving better.
2) Another consideration is where people mainly walk. Try not to put you expensive delicate rug in a heavy traffic area.
3) Wool rugs are superior to silk, synthetic and cotton rugs as far as durability is concerned. Also, there is less chance of fading because retention dye is high in wool rugs. Your wool rug will also able to handle water and stains.
4) Remember to keep your rugs in good condition with regular vacuuming and stain cleaning. Attend to spills immediately and use soapy water for spot-cleaning.
5) Pets can be hard on rugs, with the fur they can leave behind. A good strategy is to clear off their excess fur with a plastic glove, followed by a vacuuming.
6) Interior designers have great tips for placing your rugs and what colors are best to use. The combination of good quality rugs and the inputs of an experienced design professional can really transform your home.
Call or email if we can help, we have some great designers that we work with who will give you good advice.
#usingrugs #calgaryrenos #rugsinthehome #rugs